Protect your finances from thieves with identity theft recovery coverage from McCartin Insurance. Our ID theft recovery protection from Erie Insurance covers you for a low annual fee of around $20. It helps restore your credit in the event of identity fraud. A dedicated case manager will help you through the process step-by-step.
What does identity theft recovery protection do?
It restores your credit in case of theft or fraud. In case of a claim, your case manager would:
- Put a fraud alert on your credit file at the three major credit bureaus.
- Get your credit report from the three major credit bureaus and review them for activity.
- Close accounts effected by the fraud.
- Send letters on your behalf to the Social Security Administration, the Department of Motor Vehicles or other agencies.
- Refer you to assistance with court appearances or other legal situations.
- Record the steps taken and what needs to be done to restore your identity.
What is covered with identity theft recovery coverage?
You will be covered for:
- Lost wages*
- The costs for redoing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments
- Some legal fees, such as defending against civil suits brought against you by creditors
- Notarizing affidavits or other documents
- Child and elder costs incurred while restoring your identity for families2
How much does identity theft recovery insurance cost?
*The coverage is limited up to $25,000.
2 Lost wages and elder care expenses are jointly subject to a sublimit of $5,000. Coverage is limited to wages lost and expenses incurred within 12 months after the first discovery of the identity theft by anyone we protect.