Renters insurance covers your property against loss. You can insure property worth thousands for under a dollar a day. By combining your policy with car insurance, you can save even more money through McCartin Insurance. Contact us for a free quote today.
Do I need Renters or Tenant Insurance?
Many renters think that their property is covered by their landlord’s insurance. This is not correct. Your landlord’s property insurance does not cover your personal property.
Renters insurance can cover:
- Replacing your property, including furniture, electronics, clothing and more.
- Additional living expenses, such as living somewhere else while your apartment or rental home is being repaired.
- Providing liability coverage to you for the injury or harm to other people or property, anywhere in the world.
- Medical payments for someone injured in an accident while visiting your home or as a result of your actions.*
What does Renters Insurance Cover?
Renters insurance may cover losses such as:2
- Weather-related damage from fire, storm, wind hail, lightning, freezing, snow, ice or sleet
- Non-weather related loss from theft, vandalism, riots, aircraft and vehicles.
What’s not covered by Renters Insurance?
Renters Insurance does not cover property loss or damage caused by:
- Intentional damage
- Loss from flood, you can purchase a separate flood insurance policy
- Check your policy for more information on coverage limits
How much does Renters Insurance cost?
Renters Insurance is a great value. Contact us for an free quote of our affordable rates. Rates depend on the value of your possessions. So, if you have more valuable possessions you will pay more but not by very much.
Discounts on Renters Insurance
We offer a discount on renters insurance for those who also have an auto insurance policy with us. Please contact one of our experienced agents to discuss your needs.
* Medical payments for someone other than the insured or tenants in the household.
2. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer.