The summer heat means you’ll have to take extra precautions when it comes to your vehicle. Here are some preventative maintenance tips and advice for when you’re on the open road:
- Refill your coolant every 2 years. Double check the levels, condition and concentration frequently over the summer.
- Change your oil every 3,000 miles. Check your car’s manual for specific instructions.
- Clean your windshield and replace your wipers. Always make sure there’s ample wiper fluid.
- Check your tire pressure. Rotate them every 5,000 miles to ensure even wear, which will help them last longer.
- Be aware of any strange noises. If your car is scraping or grinding, take it in for immediate repair.
- Clean your lights. Make sure all bulbs are working and consistently clean your lights to remove bugs and dirt.
- Keep an eye on your car’s temperature. If it starts to overheat, pull over immediately.
- Target driving for cooler part of the days, such as early mornings or late evenings.
- Park your vehicle in a shady spot and consider leaving your windows cracked for air flow.
- Never leave children or pets sitting in your car.
- Update your emergency kit to include: water, sunscreen, bug spray, blanket, flashlight and first aid kit.
Please follow and like us: